MAY AND JUNE 2018
May and June were busy months again at Helping Hands. One of our exciting events was the visit of Sophia and Matt from England. Matt was a volunteer with the Project in 2003 when he was 18!! So lovely to see you both and have you for lunch at the office.
A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU as well for Jasper, Jenn and Flinn for their donation to help with fresh food for our five families.
HOW YOU CAN HELP FOR 2018
THANK YOU SO MUCH to our Canadian friend, a doctor, who is now sponsoring Genesis in her medical studies.
We would like to HIGHLIGHT another one of our medical students, Rita, who is now in her 7th semester of studies. Rita needs 83 Euros a month to pay for her rent and transportation. Help for one month, or any amount whatsoever, would be great. Donations can be made on Betterplace or Mydonate.
ACTIVITIES OF THE MONTH
- See our grade 5 students, Daniel and Deivis, in the blue and white hats, as they dance at their school anniversary celebrations in their village.
- At our May meeting, Carlos led our theatre workshop on different forms of harassment. Sonia played the part of an overbearing and intolerant teacher.
- Our June meeting was at the “House of Nobody”, in Spanish, “La Casa de les Ningunes” and was all about taking care of the environment for our future. You might want to glance at several of these pictures to see the home made solar panel, what 2080 might be like, or how to make a homemade dry shampoo.
- On May 20th, 18 of our mothers enjoyed a Mother’s Day tea with gifts of flowers, chocolate and food supplies. Our good friend Marcelo from Marie Stoppes spoke to the ladies about birth control. The mothers enjoyed this talk so much that they asked for another talk…this time on the menopause.
- See more pictures in our album May-June
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you are interested in receiving regular updates from us, please subscribe to our bi-monthly newsletter by filling out our form. That way you can keep up to date with all that we're doing here at the Helping Hands Project Bolivia.