JULY AND AUGUST 2017
Our very big news this newsletter was the visit from the folks at Montpelier Foundation in July. So exciting for our students to meet their sponsors and for the “padrinos” to meet their students and share an afternoon tea.
CONGRATULATIONS are in order this month for Maria Rosa who celebrated her final graduation in Psychology and for our high school student, Lizeth, who celebrated her pre-graduation ceremony in high school.
THANK YOU so much to those of you who joined us as sponsors for the Flores children and for Jose from Sorata, and to our friends from Ireland who provided the funding for our food baskets for four of our families receiving food supplements twice a month.
We invite you to visit our students in their part time jobs and in their practical studies with this new album: Practicas 2017
HOW YOU CAN HELP FOR 2017
- We desperately need support for our medical fund as we have had two more operations in the last two months. Grober, who is in his last year of studies to be a Physical Education Teacher, fell playing football and tore the ligaments in his shoulder!!! Then Luz Maria, who studies Tourism, developed appendicitis and peritonitis. This has been a very difficult year for medical expenses. Please click on Betterplace or mydonate to donate to our medical fund.
- 11 of our students still need sponsors. In particular we would like to find funding for Blaz, from the Mendez Arcos home, and Victor, from the orphanage in Caranavi. Both won scholarships to study Entrepreneurship in La Paz. Sponsorships or one time donations toward these boys or any of our other students would be very welcome.
ACTIVITIES OF JULY AND AUGUST
- During school break we were able to have fun with our high school students going on a museum tour and to the cinema.
- In July, Dr. Segurondo gave an excellent talk on HIV/AIDS and answered many of the students’ questions. Thank you Dr. Segurondo.
- In August, Dr. Lopez gave us an excellent presentation on the newest information on achieving good nutrition. Thank you, Dr. Lopez for the excellent presentation that we are all taking to heart.
- Many of our students joined Angel for a visit to the annual International Book Fair here in La Paz. Met some wonderful zebras at the Book Fair!!
- Marina, Blas and Miguel sold cupcakes one Sunday at the Centamarathon Fair to help raise funds for the Entrepreneurship scholarship program offered by the Banco Mercantil Santa Cruz.
- Mariela showed us how to make Turkish bread one afternoon at the office.
UPDATE ON PEDRO: Pedro has now had the measurements taken for his new contact lenses which should be ready in one month. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed for both the operation for his keratoconus and the purchase of the lenses.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you are interested in receiving regular updates from us, please subscribe to our bi-monthly newsletter by filling out our form. That way you can keep up to date with all that we're doing here at the Helping Hands Project Bolivia.